BC Women’s Hospital Research Rounds are going virtual! Join us the third Friday of each month from 8:00am – 9:00am to hear about the latest in women’s heatlh research.
Self-Care Interventions for Health
Presenter: Dr. Manjulaa Narasimhan
- WHO terminology of self-care and self-care interventions
- Key elements of WHO’s conceptual framework for self-care interventions for health
- Self-care interventions for sexual and reproductive health as additional options when facility-based provision of services is disrupted
Click Join a meeting
Meeting ID: 965 160 897 77
Password: 089 777
Impact of COVID-19 on Women’s Wellbeing in British Columbia: Preliminary Results from a Qualitative Study
Presenter: Dr. Julia Smith
- To explore the intersections between COVID-19 as a health crisis and the broader socio-economic determinants of women’s wellbeing
- To discuss how COVID-19 is particularly impacting women healthcare workers
- To apply gender-based analysis to policy responses to date
Women focused digital health research: Conducting digital research and case study presentation of a digital health research project
Presenters: Ciana Maher, Madison Lackie
1. To discuss results of digital health scan and the barriers and facilitators identified in conducting digital health research
2. To learn how to incorporate patient-orientated research and user-centred design to create equitable digital health tools
3. To provide an overview of the development of a web-based resource for postpartum depression
ZOOM link: https://ubc.zoom.us/ click ‘Join a Meeting’
Meeting ID: 965 160 897 77
Password: 089 777
Telephone Participants (audio only):
The following telephone number can be used to join and callers WILL be charged for any long distance charges that may apply:
- +1 778 907 2071 Canada
- You will be prompted to enter the Zoom Meeting ID
965 160 897 77 followed by “#”
- Password: 089 777
How to join a Zoom Session: To test your video/audio before joining using Zoom
For those new to this please follow these golden rules:
- Always have your microphone on mute when you join a Zoom session and stay muted during the session.
- Login at least 5-10 minutes before the session starts just in case you have any technical difficulties you need to resolve.
Contact: Marsha Simons at firstname.lastname@example.org
A qualitative inquiry on pregnant and postpartum women’s responses to the COVID-19 pandemic
Presenter: Dr. Hamideh Bayrampour
- To learn about pregnant and postpartum women’s experiences and responses to the COVID-19 pandemic
- To identify ways in which healthcare providers can support pregnant and postpartum population during the pandemic
- To discuss the implications of these findings for practice
New mothers’ thoughts of infant-related harm: Relation to OCD and infant safety
Presenter: Dr. Nichole Fairbrother
- The nature and prevalence of new other’s thoughts of infant-related harm
- The nature and prevalance of postpartum-presenting OCD
- The relation of new mothers’ thoughts of infant-related harm and OCD with infant safety
Mindfulness: Practice and results of a clinical trial in women’s health
Presenter: Dr. Lori Brotto
- Learn about a clinical trial evaluating mindfulness versus cognitive behaviour therapy for provoked vestibulodynia
- Learn about a social media knowledge translation campaign designed to disseminate the research to women
- Be exposed to some of the mindfulness skills participants in the trial practiced
HOW TO ATTEND REMOTELY:
Note: Use a computer. Mobile devices (smart phones, tablets) are not supported.
In Chrome browser, go to http://meet.vc.ubc.ca and enter the ID 30338.
- Make a Test Call: Go to https://meet.vc.ubc.ca. In the “Person or Conference to call” field, enter email@example.com and your name in the “Your name” field.
- Click “Connect” and follow the on screen prompts. If you would like to join as a participant without video or audio, you must first join the meeting. Do not mute your Video or Audio until after you have joined the meeting.
- If you experience any issues during the test call, or VC event, call the MedIT Service Desk at 1.877.266.0666 – option #2
In the Contact box, enter < 30338>@vc.ubc.ca to join the meeting. Refer to the troubleshooting guide
Dial toll-free phone number, 1-844-651-2007, followed by ID ID 30338, followed by #
- MedIT Service Desk (Monday-Friday, 7am-5pm): For remote technical assistance during the session, please call 1-877-266-0666