BC Women’s Hospital Research Rounds are going virtual! Join us the third Friday of each month from 8:00am – 9:00am to hear about the latest in women’s heatlh research.
A qualitative inquiry on pregnant and postpartum women’s responses to the COVID-19 pandemic
Presenter: Dr. Hamideh Bayrampour
- To learn about pregnant and postpartum women’s experiences and responses to the COVID-19 pandemic
- To identify ways in which healthcare providers can support pregnant and postpartum population during the pandemic
- To discuss the implications of these findings for practice
New mothers’ thoughts of infant-related harm: Relation to OCD and infant safety
Presenter: Dr. Nichole Fairbrother
- The nature and prevalence of new other’s thoughts of infant-related harm
- The nature and prevalance of postpartum-presenting OCD
- The relation of new mothers’ thoughts of infant-related harm and OCD with infant safety
Mindfulness: Practice and results of a clinical trial in women’s health
Presenter: Dr. Lori Brotto
- Learn about a clinical trial evaluating mindfulness versus cognitive behaviour therapy for provoked vestibulodynia
- Learn about a social media knowledge translation campaign designed to disseminate the research to women
- Be exposed to some of the mindfulness skills participants in the trial practiced
HOW TO ATTEND REMOTELY:
Note: Use a computer. Mobile devices (smart phones, tablets) are not supported.
In Chrome browser, go to http://meet.vc.ubc.ca and enter the ID 30338.
- Make a Test Call: Go to https://meet.vc.ubc.ca. In the “Person or Conference to call” field, enter firstname.lastname@example.org and your name in the “Your name” field.
- Click “Connect” and follow the on screen prompts. If you would like to join as a participant without video or audio, you must first join the meeting. Do not mute your Video or Audio until after you have joined the meeting.
- If you experience any issues during the test call, or VC event, call the MedIT Service Desk at 1.877.266.0666 – option #2
In the Contact box, enter < 30338>@vc.ubc.ca to join the meeting. Refer to the troubleshooting guide
Dial toll-free phone number, 1-844-651-2007, followed by ID ID 30338, followed by #
- MedIT Service Desk (Monday-Friday, 7am-5pm): For remote technical assistance during the session, please call 1-877-266-0666