The Women’s Health Research Institute (WHRI) is pleased to announce the Women’s Global Health Research Trainee Award. This award is meant to recognize research excellence in a trainee enrolled in a British Columbia higher education program who focuses on global health research with a women’s or newborn health focus.
The award will be presented to an outstanding trainee researcher (i.e. undergraduate, graduate, post-graduate, clinical fellows, clinical trainee – nursing, medical resident, midwifery, OT, PT etc.) who is currently enrolled as a trainee and who has made an outstanding contribution to scholarly or research endeavours in the field of global women’s or newborn health research. Candidates who conduct women’s or newborn health research with a global health focus in any of the four research themes of CIHR (Biomedical; Clinical; Health Services; Social, Cultural, Environmental, and Population Health Research) are eligible for consideration.
Award recipients will receive a $500 prize
- Currently enrolled as trainee at research institution in British Columbia
- Conducting women’s or newborn health research with a global health focus at the time of the application
- The applicant’s academic or research supervisor must be a member of the WHRI at the time of the application
- Nomination letter: submitted by supervisor, mentor or advisor (2 page max)
- Research and scholarly contributions (include relevant abstracts, publications, presentations) (2 pages)
- Curriculum vitae – include academic/other awards; trainee experience etc. (2 pages)
Submit complete application package to email@example.com by April 30, 2019.
Decisions will be made by May 17, 2019. Recipients will receive their prize and award at the Women’s Health Research Symposium in Vancouver on May 31, 2019 and will be invited to attend in person.