The Women’s Health Research Institute is devoted to improving the health and health care of girls and women through knowledge generation, serving as a catalyst for research in women’s health and supporting an expanding provincial and national network of women’s health researchers, policy makers and healthcare providers.
Who We Are
- A leading academic women’s and newborn health research centre embedded within BC Women’s Hospital + Health Centre
- A real and virtual organization designed to facilitate women’s health research in British Columbia and provide a community for women’s health researchers
- Leading research: Better health for women and their families
- To act as the research arm of BC Women’s Hospital + Health Centre
- To act as the face of women’s health research for the Provincial Health Services Authority
- To support research activities designed to improve the health and health care of women and their families throughout British Columbia and globally
- To create new knowledge and evidence-based solutions that inform and transform the health and health care of women and their families
- To discover new knowledge to improve the health of girls and women
- To create and promote a successful research enterprise
- To communicate research discoveries and successes to researchers, stakeholders, and the public
- To encourage excellence and innovative thinking in women’s centred health research
- To be ethical and transparent in our actions and activities.
- To be equitable and inclusive in all we do.
- To respect diversity and promote a sustainable environment for women’s health research.
- In March 2005, the Women’s Health Research Institute was established by BC Women’s Hospital + Health Centre to enhance and galvanize the impact of women’s health research conducted at BC Women’s Hospital and throughout BC.
- By embracing innovation and living the vision that leading research opens the doors to better health for all women, the Institute is rapidly becoming the leader in Women’s Health Research.
Please contact Amanpreet Kahlon to access Corporate Signature/ Logos.